Photo submitted by María Burguet, a PhD student at the Institute for Sustainable Agriculture at Córdoba (IAS-CSIC, Spain). His research interests include the sources of sediment, runoff and carbon in Andalusian olive grove at different scales and under different agricultural managements.
This photo was taken shortly after the fire that occurred in the area of Carcaixent-Alzira-La Valldigna (Valencia, Spain) in 2006: “I think it reflects very well the main factors that shape the current Mediterranean landscape: wildfires, soil erosion and the intense ‘re-agriculturization’ that takes place anywhere and at any price. “
Read last posts
- Monday paper: Permafrost degradation in Antarctica March 9, 2015
- 4th European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP) December 12, 2013
- Iberian Permafrost Conference in the Pyrenees March 25, 2013
- Announcement: Permafrost Conference in southern Europe! March 25, 2013
- Lecture on permafrost research: “Geophysical monitoring of permafrost evolution in the Swiss Alps” February 20, 2013